We advise on projects and ventures in the field of petroleum and other natural resources development.
clients include those engaged in on-shore and off-shore pipeline contracts, drilling rig operations, platform construction and maintenance, oil exploration and marketing, government corporations, and marketing and servicing companies.
We have advised clients on a wide range of matters including:
- managing oil concessions i.e oil prospecting licences (OPL) and Oil Mining Leases (OML) profitability
- managing relationships- joint operating agreement, farmin agreements, technical services agreements, M.O.U’s
- advising a group of marginal field license holders on structuring relationships with their technical and financial partners and on applicable petroleum laws.
- advising clients on petroleum licensing issues and applicable petroleum laws.
- advising an oil major on oil spill pollution concerns and other enviromental issues.
- advisisng various oil and gas operators, and reviewing for them the Federal Enviromental Protection Agency Act 1990 and other enviromental legislation.
- advising an oil prospecting license (OPL) holder on its joint venture relationship and dealings with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).
- conducting a review of the LNG and natural gas sector with regard to its project finance aspects.